Tweet tweet

    Sunday, November 09, 2008



    I have a confession to make
    One that concerns you
    I've been hiding something from you
    Something that I've kept so long
    Too long that it is worth nothing now

    I concealed it somewhere
    Somewhere so deep
    That when I tried to claw it out before
    I only made it sink two more feet

    This thing I hid from you
    You never realized it was there
    This fragile thing you see
    Had always been sitting here

    I finally dug it out
    I cleansed it as much as I could
    I even fixed its' faults
    And made it welcoming too
    I doubt it matters that I have it
    I have more doubts that you remember
    How foolish was I to think you'd look for it
    Despite that fact you've never acknowledge it
    I'll let you guess what it is
    Something you promised me before
    Something you gave me
    And stole it right back
    Before I had the chance to give you yours

    Can you guess what I went through
    To bring it back to you
    To bring this little thing
    That I've kept hidden from you

    It needs some repairs
    I've dropped it along the way
    It may have some jagged edges
    But I still carried them anyways

    These dirtied nails that clawed my way through
    These stains on my clothes are proof I meant it for you
    These tiny fragments you see cut inside
    Are only the small things I've sacrificed

    This is my confession
    Are you aware of its cry
    The faintest sound from you
    Makes it race for the finish line
    Please accept my benevolence gift
    Before I it becomes a sorrowful goodbye

    Phyllis ; I Love You.

    No comments: